Thursday, September 16, 2010

"Kick...Push...Coast"

I remember the day Sarah Williams, my sister, came into my life. Wait, actually...I don't remember the day that well but I do remember the changes she brought to my life. After the first week of her arrival I learned the true meaning of stinginess. She didn't wan't to share...I never wanted to share. It was all good! Then she started to talk.

I think my Mom regrets the amount of times she told me and my Father how "badly I wan't that lil' nugget to speak". Truthfully, I don't mind how much my sister talks. I just think it's funny how much she can cover in a conversation in so little time. But, this trait of my sister let alone has changed my life drastically.

As time progressed through both of our lives, my sister and I began to talk a lot more. As we developed a "talking relationship" our conversation began to get a lot better. As this developed I started to realize how great a friend my sister was. And around the age of 8, My sister became one of my best friends and family members I had around :)

When my sister and I "got close", a lot of my family started to treat me differently. With this, my family started to change altogether. I felt that my family grew more respect for me. I got to see them a lot more. We moved to Chicago...Things just changed...A lot. And with this "productive" change my perception on life changed. This was the end of my Yu-Gi-Oh phase in life. Material items started to loose interest in my mind. I began to put on dance shows with Sarah, or hang out with school friends and Sarah...Or just kick it with Sarah. Somehow, my sister always was there playing some role in my life :) ...I remembered.

Now, my friendship with Sarah is...Whatever. We seem to have the typical "Brother/Sister" relationship. Without her I wouldn't even live in the neighborhood I'm in. She changed where we lived (Chicago offered a better education for me and my sister), She changed the person I was. And has always been a huge advocate for me. Haha. But I know that deep down...(WAY deep down for her)...We still have our ancient best friend bond. And that's something that will never change.

1 comment:

  1. good story ben :)
    it reminds me a lot of my relationship with my little brother....it's pretty similar to yours and your sister's.

    ReplyDelete