Thursday, September 9, 2010

Let me introduce myself...

I was born in Yonkers, New York. By the age of 4 I moved to Fort Lauder dale, Florida with my "family". My Dad decided to stay in New York without me, my sister and mom for business reasons. Growing up as a child I developed great interests in performing arts. Music played a big part in my childhood and has continued to carry great value in what is now my adolescent years. At the age of 7 my family decided to migrate again. Next Stop: Chicago.

Being 7 and knowing that you're "moving for good" is a pretty overwhelming feeling. I remember how anxious I was to start grammar school, meet new family and have a "home". I became excited. After settling in Chicago my father came back and re-joined the family. I was happy.

When I hit double digits reality began to hit me hard. My parents were getting a divorce, School became harder by the years and I didn't have too many people to turn to for help. With my childhood "struggle" in life, I developed a fondness of dance. I began to express myself differently. It felt good.

A couple years after that would bring us to today. With you reading my extremely shortened view on my 15 years of life. Or, better yet, just a blog. I still continue to dance and have worked with people all over the world! This summer I got to work with Step Up 3 cast in New York, Dancers in L.A at studios such as "Millennium Dance Complex" and "Debbie Reynolds Dance Studio" and just friends back in Chicago. I am currently attending Whitney Young High School in my freshman year. I have also developed interests in music. I enjoy playing Piano, Cooking, Reading, Sleeping, Sleeping, Sleeping and Dancing. So yeah...That's me.

1 comment:

  1. Yessss. :D
    Add a link to one of your dance videos. The summer reel

    ReplyDelete