Thursday, January 13, 2011

King.

I believe that our current-day society holds darker, more elaborate days from our past. I believe our current-day society is made up of simple matters pushed to complication, and complicated matters over simplified. Complex Simplicity. As an American I have been exposed to many different cultures, ideas, beliefs and customs. As an American I have also brought my own culture, set of ideas and beliefs to the giant melting pot. Yet, I do not believe that as a people we are morally American. I don't believe that in our current-day society we act in ways that live up to all the cultures we are made up of. I don't think that "things" are the way they used to be. People with greater power would have less in our society now.

Arguing the power King would have in our current-day society is extremely controversial.

Would segregation and extreme racism still continue if King were living in 2011? Maybe his message would be louder if it were. Would history have the same dates? Or...Is the question asking how would King's message be different if he had the everyday access to things we have in our current-day society? Whichever. I believe King would have less influence over the Black community. I feel as if many communities have dwindled into confusion and mess; I feel the Black community contributes to part of this. We

No comments:

Post a Comment