Monday, May 16, 2011

--

Upon reading our first Edgar Allan Poe piece I became confused. When I read The Tell-Tale Heart I felt as if so many complicated concepts were being thrown at me, and I wasn't understanding them. I felt as if Edgar Allan Poe was trying to tell a completely different story to the reader that I wasn't picking up. I became frustrated. Fortunately, I decided to re-read the piece and visualize everything for what literally was in the text. I took everything that I physically knew to be true, and visualized that story; disregarding the underlying concept confusion. I believe that this story is explaining how even a crazy, lunatic cannot avoid coming back to his common senses. How even an act as crazy as killing someone cannot overcome our human mentalities.

No comments:

Post a Comment